- We are writing you with reference to..
- With reference to your advertisement/letter of 10 March..
- We wish to remind you that..
- I am writing this letter to request..
- I'm sorry about...
- I'd like to apologize for...
- Please accept my apologies.
- Please accept my sincere apologies.
Asking for help
- I'd be grateful if you could...
- I would be grateful if you could...
- I would appreciate it if you could...
- Could you please...
Asking for information
- I am writing to enquire about...
- I am writing to find out about...
- I would like to know about/if...
- This is due to... (formal)
- This is as a result of...(formal)
- This is owing to...(formal)
- I can't thank you enough.
- No words can express my gratitude.
- I am extremely grateful for...
- Making suggestions
- Would it be a good idea to...
- Perhaps it would be a good idea to...
- Please give my best regards to your family.
- Please pass on my best wishes to your wife and children.
- I look forward to seeing you.
- I look forward to hearing from you.
- Lovely to hear from you.
- How are you?
- How are things?
- Hope you're well.
Commenting on letter
- I'm sorry to hear/learn...
- What wonderful news about...
- I'm so pleased to hear ...
Introducing your topic
- Anyway, the reason I'm writing...
- I thought I'd write to tell/ask you...
- Anyway, I was wondering...
- Write back soon
- Looking forward to hearing from you again
- All the best
- Best wishes
- See you soon
- Take care
- Lots of love